
I've said for the past 11.5 months (and lately everyday of last month) that I am done with expanding our family. Done. Today was one of those days. I swear I repeated "done done done" in multiple situations, voice levels, and sometimes accompanied it with exasperated gestures that would probably be blurred if we were on a reality tv show.
And then I hear about the children in Haiti and my heart strings get tugged and I think of all the kids in the world that currently or will need a loving home and in that moment {of crazy/weak/stupid-ness???} skirt the thought "i could, i could". sigh. But really, can I? And do I want to? What if I don't want to but can? Does that make me a horrible person?
3 comments:
Do it! Do it!
(I say that as someone who is having her butt kicked by two. Who are much further apart in age than your three.)
Bruce and I looked into adopting a Haitian child. Unfortunately, we don't qualify. There are so many stipulations! One spouse has to be over 35 (bruce is 32), have to be married for over 10 years, only 2 kids or less, if you've been divorced, only one divorce allowed, not more than 15 years age gap between spouses, the list goes on and on. So, we had to bag that idea :(
You can not feel bad about wanting to do it because its just not available anyways. I dont know if you've heard about the people who have been trying to adopt Haitian kids for over a year now and all the crap they're going through. I checked on it and they just arent adopting out right now because most children are still being looked for by a relative and such. So feel free to want and have good intentions...
Post a Comment