Am I just oozing "I have lots of time" vibes or what?
Today I got a call from LDS Family Services. They are the ones who handled all three of our adoptions. Well technically I handled them, and they filed the paperwork I did. But whatever...
So what did they want? Well apparently Jake and I are just so flippin' awesome at being an adoptive couple and pretty pro when it comes to marketing ourselves, that they wanted me to head the Families Supporting Adoption program here in Alaska.
Essentially I'd provide "support" to those going through the adoption process. Help them tweek their profiles, give tips of what is out there as far as getting their name out to birth parents and on and on. I'll also connect them with other adoptive couples to share experiences and tips. Maybe have some parties. Etc and etc. They're supposed to send me a packet of info on exactly what heading the Alaska Chapter would entail or require.
Should be interesting. We'll see how this plays out.
1 comment:
I don't think it is necessarily "I have lots of time" vibes as much as "I am a super-woman. I can do anything!" vibes.
This is rad. You have been through a TON with your adoptions, you are perfect for this. I'm sure it will be a lot of work, but I'm sure it will be incredibly rewarding.
Go, you!
Post a Comment