Friday

My humps.

Remember that time I was waaay into sewing?

Well now that reality has officially arrived and I'm no longer on a fabulous safari with no children, I'm turning back to some therapeutic sewing.

Before I left I had begun a skirt. It consisted of a 2" wide elastic waistband and an old sarong/wrap I had. Unfortunately my head was on Africa NOT the skirt and thinking it through, so when sewing the wrap to my elastic I forgot that you have to stretch stretch stretch the elastic and tack it onto the fabric--you know, so that way you have enough fabric to stretch with the elastic when trying to get it over the junk in your trunk. I failed to do this, though I wouldn't have had enough fabric to do it anyways!

I didn't realize my error until I got the skirt all put together and went to try it on. Oh wait, I can't get it over my butt! So I go over my head. I get it over the boobs and it fits great but then trying to get it off, I can't get it up and over the boobs --and I'm not big AT ALL! It took some serious smashing....anyway, you would have laughed.

Frustrated (and sore) I decided to just put it away and focus on getting ready for our trip.

Fast forward to the present. Tonight I fixed that skirt so I could get it on....thank you $1.29 zipper. I decided to have the zipper be exposed. I've seen it on a lot of skirts and dresses lately and I kind of like it. The hem is by no means even or cut nicely but thankfully you can't really tell unless you get up close and inspect because of how flowy the skirt is. It was a little too long on try on, so I cut it while it was still on me...yeah I really need to work on my patience when it comes to sewing.


So here it is with some of my accessories {gold gladiators, chunky gold flower bib, and gold flower cuff}. Be kind about my hair and face...I did this picture at 10:30p. It was a loooong day.

3 comments:

Eve said...

crazy cute! And you are work-ing that hair.

Miner said...

seriously jealous of your ability to just make a skirt or whatever... you're awesome! I do love the skirt! And the new do. :)

Kelly J said...

So creative! Loves it.

PS: Is that a tanning bed in the background??