Monday

Why the caged bird sings

I'm lucky. Very lucky. and blessed. yes yes blessed as well. I have such a great support group of family and friends it can sometimes almost be too much (almost).

To say I've been lowlowlow lately (for a month or so) would be an understatement. 3 kids (3yrs and under) + cold weather + whoami?/iamsoinadequateasmom-wife-person = lost.

But I get by with a little help from my friends {and family!} and lots of hugs from my kids and compliments from Alex {he told me yesterday I was beautiful...no coaching by anyone either, my little Casanova} and the always helpful hubby. And lots of prayer towards remembering my potential.

Thank YOU dear loved ones for putting up with my moments of sadness, sometimes sharp tongue, and moods. Thank YOU for keeping the wagons circled and not bailing on me when i had already given up on myself.

2 comments:

Eve said...

I am sorry you've been having a rough time. I am inspired by you - you seem like such an easygoing mom! I hope it warms up so you can get some good sun!

I finally signed up for babysitting at the gym and that is my lifeline most mornings. It makes me feel like I have a little bit of time for myself. Just something to think about...

Debbie said...

Oh Mahana! I just have to say I have so been there and am still there in many ways. But you are one of my heroes. I love the way you live your life with so much fun, humor, and style. Let's pray for a ridiculously hot and sunny fall!