I love many things in my house. However there is one item lately that there is a love/hate relationship in the works: my door knobs. Yes, a little odd to have any type of relationship with but hear me out.
Love:
- That they aren't standard round, but long and curved so when I'm old with arthritis I can open the door myself.
- That Alex can let himself out of his room after his nap to go play with his toys and leave me alone.
Hate:
- My dogs also know how to open the doors themselves. Brilliant.
- That Alex can let himself out of his room at any time, even when it's bed time, and get into things that he shouldn't.
Really my door knobs are mixed blessings. Case in point. Last night I put Alex to bed and shut his door on my way out. 3 minutes later, he opened it himself, stepped out and did his standard "hi" don't be mad greeting. This happened about 2 times and really that's just 2 too many for me, so I told him "Go to your room, shut your door, and get in bed." Which to mine and Jake's surprise he actually did. Really, really. Not that he stayed there. About 15 mins later he let himself out again. But, on the Love side of it all, at least he comes out happy.
1 comment:
count your blessing. Remmington has to make waterfalls like 10 times in a hour at bedtime to procratinate going to sleep and Rueger throws a fit before he even gets to his room when he realizes it's bed time then opens his door and sneaks out and if I hold his door closed he yells and bangs on it...for 2 hours untill i give up and have to put him in my bed and lie down with him untill he falls asleep.
Post a Comment