Wednesday

Las Vegas - my favorite desert mirage.

I have no pics of Breckan and I in Vegas but we did have a great Vegas experience. We left Zions early morning and checked in early to the hotel. Then it was off to do some shopping. We hit up Target & Nordstroms Rack before we decided we needed to do some pool time.

After a few hours poolside, we convinced ourselves (tough task) that we needed a spa treatment. Hands down it was fantastic. Even better that it wasn't expensive. The spa wanted us there a 1/2 hr before so we could enjoy their hot tub, wet and dry sauna, and lounge area before our treatment. We both did a skintastic oil massage and body wrap with a cold stone facial and scalp therapy treatment. Heaven. Pure Heaven. Then the spa had multiple showers each with a specific scent of shampoo and lotions, and of course they provided shavers, blow dryers and hair products. In addition, we could return to the spa any time during the rest of the day and use the facilities until they closed! If we had known that we may have done the spa 1st thing in the day!

Our hotel had a movie theater in it so we thought we'd hit up a chick flick. Yeah. I don't even want to talk about the movie "The Women". Don't see it girls. Not light, not really funny. The more I think about it the less I like it and that's all I have to say. Then off to the Strip to do some more shopping (Miracle Mile Shops). We had a fun time testing out the products at Sephora--did our nails and almost did our toes too but thought it might be pushing it. We didn't get back to the hotel till after midnight--honestly we had no idea how late it was!

The next day it was more shopping and pedicures (I know it sounds so rough) then we met up with the boys at the hotel Breckan and Spencer would be staying at--the Palms--for more pool time before we hit up the Strip and then Mystere. All in all a fantastic time. I miss Vegas! Appropriately, when we got up at 5 am the next day to catch our flight, the music pumping through the casino was singing something about hard goodbyes. And it was.

1 comment:

Arielle said...

Where are the miracle mile shops? are those by the pirate ship? And you didn't say anything about Mystere, did you like it? Now I'm going to spend all day dreaming about that spa treatment. In fact, I'll probably be thinking about it on the billion hour flight tomorrow. Hmm..what spas are in anchorage?