This year, with a new baby coming, our usual, get out of dodge--meaning the US--and travel will not be happening...at least for me. As for Jake, I just got his tickets to Thailand in February. He and his buddy Charlie are going to have a boys adventure. Basically they'll do everything that I wouldn't really consider as a vacation...like sleep in tents/hostels/who knows where, bike everywhere, go climbing/rappelling, etc etc. Not to say I'm a picky vacationer, but when you get to travel without kids and have the prospect of a full nights sleep, you don't want to ruin that by sleeping in a dirty, uncomfortable place you know? I want pampering on my vacay.
So what do I have to be jealous about if I've been to Thailand already and if Jake is doing that kind of vacation...well, 1) just the idea of all those cheap spa treatments and massages make me swoon for Thailand, 2) food is amazing, 3) clothes are cheap. Plus even though he's flying into Bangkok, I think he and Charlie have plans of heading to Laos for some fun too and that place looks amazing--just a beautiful, untouched part of the globe. Spencer put up some pics from his recent visit there and yup, I am jealous. But I just have to look at the countdown to the right and remember, Hawaii, Hawaii. 3 weeks in Hawaii at the end of March. There I feel a little better now. Besides, there's always next year for me and jake to tackle another part of Asia or better yet Egypt.
2 comments:
I think in Seattle Jacob once slept in a park homeless style. And if you ever make it to Egypt, you can get FREE massages from any local man. Can't beat that deal.
You and Jake have been to more places than I have even thought about going to so I am jealous one now. Plus 3 weeks in Hawaii will be great.
My mom told me she saw you, and we should get together some time for lunch. Call me sometime.
Post a Comment