Tuesday

Vote...or at least give me the better of the two.

I am trying to figure out new crib bedding for the new little one that will be gracing our home soon. In case you haven't heard or seen the little countdown at the top of my blog, we have been chosen to adopt again and the birthmom is due Dec 8th with a boy! While I love the crib bedding I sewed for Alex, it really just goes well in his room not the room we'll be putting the new baby in. And we all know that I like having not only my child but their rooms looking pretty hip and stylish.

So up for your vote are two fabrics that I really like. You'll see that the animal theme with a modern edge is in both. Right now I have the Barnslig Zoo Patterned material from Ikea. It's vibrant and fun BUT is it boyish enough? I know, like a baby cares. But I care. What I would do is that zoo pattern for the outside of the bumper, the stripes for the inside bumper and crib skirt. Then possibly a blanket with the same zoo pattern.

The other option is this Alexander Henry fabric that's similar but is definitely boy with it's prevalence of blues/greys/and green. I would have to find a coordinating fabric with a different pattern to go with this, but that's not a big deal...I don't think. Actually looking at it I could probably just use the same striped ikea fabric shown in the other pic. Whoo-hoo. So now which Zoo fabric do I pick???

Both would go in the room we are putting the baby in. The paint is a light grey...it looks pretty dark in the pic but it's not, with dark mahogany wood floors and white trim. This pic isn't the best, but you get the idea. I already have a fitted crib sheet that will go with either. What do you think? Stick with the fabric I already have and love or go with a new fabric that I love too?

5 comments:

Jane said...

I like the alexander Henry fabric with the Ikea stripe. I'd already planned to tell you that while I was reading when I finally got to the part where you put that together yourself. You're a smart feller, uh, gal! heehee

Arielle said...

I like the second one. Save the one you have now for a girl. I also like how the crib is a tv stand. PS, when you are done with your nursery, come do mine. If it were up to jonesy, it'd be all sports stuff.

Eve said...

I absolutely love the 2d zoo print. I convinced one of my friends to use it for her nursery recently. The funny thing is, I have another friend who used the barnsling fabric for her nursery, but she used the black, white, and red version, which would look pretty sweet in your gray nursery!

Mahana said...

HA! That's not the crib...that's the changing table...oh dear arielle, I'm going to send you a list of things you need and what they look like. :) And yes I'll do your nursery. What color is the room painted and I'll seriously start working on it.

Debbie said...

My vote is for the second one also. You have such great style! It will look awesome!!!