Saturday

I have this idea, and I think it's a good one.

Alright, way back when, remember when I was obsessing over getting a backpack for Alex? O.k. maybe you didn't care but either way I got one. And you'll be surprised to know that it is a simple navy toddler backpack with a little reflector stripe on it from Land's End (who knew!?) and I got his name embroidered on the pocket...I know sounds cheesy right? But I have a plan to make it uber-cool. I'm am going to get patches for every place he has traveled to... California, Hawaii, Washington DC, Washington State, Virginia, South Carolina, and if I'm lucky maybe a Tahiti one too. The simple backpack will also allow him to get to pick out a patch that he wants to ad. I don't know. I think it'll be a fun keepsake when he's older...unless he's like jake and is completely non-sentimental about that sort of stuff, but the idea makes me happy and yes a happy mommy is a happy family. Alex was pretty excited about his new bag...didn't get a picture of him with it, but he didn't want to take it off. So I think he'll like it even more with some fun patches on it and of course I've found some cool stuff from Target's $1 fun section to stuff into it that he'll love. So hurray! I got a backpack for Alex. And it didn't cost me anything close to the other bags I was wanting. Double Hurray!

PS. Arielle...find me a sweet Virginia and DC and Mrytle Beach Patch for his bag!

3 comments:

Jonesy said...

ok! I tried this with a bag I got once but I wasn't too good at sewing so it didn't last long. -a

Mahana said...

Yeah, that's my one fear is that I'll get over it after I have to sew on one patch. BUT I look at my killer electronic sewing machine and think "wth, I can do it". If not, I'll just ask your mom to do it for Alex. I'm sure she'll be happy too! :)

Becca said...

I like that idea! I can't wait to see it once it's been attacked with patches!