Alright. I hate cleaning. I'll admit it. Hands down hate having to do it. But I like living in a clean house. Oh the dilemma. However today I just couldn't handle certain sections of my home. I can't do a complete house cleaning in one day because I'll go crazy, so I must do it in sections. Besides I have to keep Jake's expectations low :)
First area to tackle was my kitchen floor. Of course part way into sweeping, Kohi thought he was starving. So when I came back, Alex had the broom and was "sweeping". I told him Thank you and asked for the broom back. To which his reply was to point to the floor and say "right there, do it right there. mm hmm". He was telling me where to sweep! Are you kidding me?? And he can be pretty bossy. Then he tried to take it away from me! Telling me "My turn! Let me do it". All I could do was laugh and hand it over and watch until during his sweeping he came across one of his toys and quickly abandoned the broom. It's so funny to see this weird mix of Jake and I in him....the bossy, "let me do it and clean it" focus is SO Jake. Whereas the "get distracted" and ditch the broom is completely me. Needless to say I gave up on my kitchen and moved to the upstairs bathroom and while that still isn't complete (yeah I'm blogging people--hello distraction!) I will eventually return to both the kitchen and bathroom but after I tackle this laundry.....ha.
3 comments:
Oh man my house needs some serious help right now. Maybe I could hire Alex?!! How funny that he is so much like both of you! I have problems with distraction too....
A bathroom and the kitchen in one day? You are more intense than I am! I understand the low expectation trick. It's one of my favorites.
its so nice to see that you girls are learning the tricks of the trade so much faster than i did! keep up the good work.
Post a Comment