I just got three new dresses. I love all three but this particular one cast a tiny shadow of doubt. A few months back I saw a houndstooth dress on a target commercial that I completely coveted. After numerous phone calls--yes I was that desperate for it--to Target, I was unable to track it down to buy. Then the other day at Shabby Apple I saw their new Manhattan line of dresses and saw this hounds tooth one and fell in love. It reminds me of the Target one...a little longer in length and sleeves but same neckline. Anyway, I think I look good in it and while I usually don't care all that much what people think of my outfit as long as I love it, something is missing and I can't pinpoint it. There's no doubt in my mind that I love the retro a-line and modern neckline...but hmmm....am I imagining something? or am I just not use to so much repetitive pattern??? I rarely have moments like this. Usually if I love a dress, I love it all the way. So I need a second, third, 4th opinion etc etc. Is it hot or not...at least on me. Be honest. That's the whole point of this!
Thursday
Yes I can be that superficial.
I just got three new dresses. I love all three but this particular one cast a tiny shadow of doubt. A few months back I saw a houndstooth dress on a target commercial that I completely coveted. After numerous phone calls--yes I was that desperate for it--to Target, I was unable to track it down to buy. Then the other day at Shabby Apple I saw their new Manhattan line of dresses and saw this hounds tooth one and fell in love. It reminds me of the Target one...a little longer in length and sleeves but same neckline. Anyway, I think I look good in it and while I usually don't care all that much what people think of my outfit as long as I love it, something is missing and I can't pinpoint it. There's no doubt in my mind that I love the retro a-line and modern neckline...but hmmm....am I imagining something? or am I just not use to so much repetitive pattern??? I rarely have moments like this. Usually if I love a dress, I love it all the way. So I need a second, third, 4th opinion etc etc. Is it hot or not...at least on me. Be honest. That's the whole point of this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sorry you don't know me, I saw the name of your blog through Heidi's and thought it looked pretty funny I had to check it out. Honestly adorable dress! Try adding a big black rock or beaded bracelet, sticking with the theme of the buttons. Or go all out and do the Jacki-O hat and short white gloves. Ooh I want that dress! But really, I just wanted to say you look cute in it. It's a go go!
okay, so i looked at it again. i love it. the neckline is funny though, but only from the front view. you need a fantastic purse and shoes with lots of color.
I think you should try to add some color to it, maybe try a colored sash for a belt, or you know, looking at it again maybe you should hem the sleeves and bottom, I think if the sleeves were a lot shorter it wouldnt give you that second doubt and then do what Yardleys said and add some matching cute shoes and a bag with color.
Post a Comment