Wednesday

That just doesn't seem right

Today Alex went with Jake on a 4-wheeler trip for "work". I put it in quotations because while he's with one of his carpet reps and some of our installers, does 4-wheeling ever go under the category of "work". i thought not.

So I decided to take advantage of only having 2 children and head into Anchorage, do some costco, return some vases, hit up Forever21 for some retail therapy. oh what a bad idea. I really would have been better just staying home. In my cozy pajamas. That's what I get for ignoring the blatant signs that I was not meant to enjoy Anchorage today.

I left later than I wanted which put me in Anchorage right at Leila and Kohi's nap-time. But even before that, they were whiney and crabby and uncooperative (which is why I left later in the first place). Then I get stuck behind the SLOWEST driver ever on the Old Glenn--a 2 lane road with only a few places to pass anybody on--and any one who knows me, knows i HATE driving below the speed limit. Then of course, Kohi fell asleep 15 mins before we get into Anchorage--he finally exhausted himself with all his crying he had been doing--so he was completely mad about getting woken up. Forever21 was unenjoyable with both kids being whiney and wanting to be held plus F21 still had summer stuff...hello, I woke up to 35 degree weather this morning!... so I didn't find anything that could break my irritable mood. Costco was a JOKE. Kohi wouldn't stop touching Leila and Leila would scream when he did. Then checkout person packed my cart horribly so I had to hold most of it from falling off while I maneuvered through the parking lot. Get it all safely to the car and as I'm unlocking it and push my purse inside, Kohi manages to reach back and grab the pizza I got for dinner and push it onto the ground where it opened up and let 1/3 of the toppings hit the gravel. And of course I forgot the vases I needed to return. So all in all it was a waste of a drive, my sanity and day. How is it that with 3 children I'm invincible and trips go smoothly but with two chaos ensues?

I swear some times that life is unraveling and I'm getting buried in the insanity.

On a positive note (though i know you have all probably gotten a good laugh at this...and after my long bath I will too!) my fridge may get fixed this week. That's right, I've been out my fridge since before Labor Day weekend. Pathetic. But the part was shipped and hopefully it'll be in by this Friday and it'll be up to snuff! Hurray hurray hurray

1 comment:

Julie and Kyle said...

oh my! and i bet everyone was looking at you as if you were abusing your children. Roman was throwing a fit at ikea the other day and i starting waving at people that were staring.

if it werent such a cherished thing to go to "the big city", stuff like this would never happen. kids ruin everything. ;)